Summer Programming Intern
The Programming Intern is a part time summer position, 30-40 hours per week, reporting to the Manager of Summer Programs and Conference Services (SPCS) as well as a member of the Summer Programming Committee. The Programming Intern will assist in the planning, advertising and execution of at least two weekly programs and several large all campus events. The Programming Intern will also participate in the WU Summer Associates Program coordinated through the Career Center and Human Resources. (Program information is attached.)
- Work with the Summer Program Committee to develop ideas for several large all campus events as well as two smaller weekly events.
- Promote all events using social media, e-mails, posters, etc. on a frequent basis.
- Develop cost estimates and budget for all events.
- Reserve spaces for all events including rain locations when appropriate.
- Coordinate all aspects of two weekly events and several large all campus events including, but not limited to, the following.
- Order and receive food and beverages.
- Order, receive and place any promotional items or decorations.
- Order and coordinate any entertainers, rental companies, housekeeping, grounds crew, facilities staff, transportation, etc.
- Be present for event from set up to tear down.
- Gather and submit to SPCS any invoices.
- Work with Residential Life for additional RA staffing as necessary.
- Book and coordinate photographer for events requiring photos.
- Work with SPCS to post event photos on department web site.
- Train with the Danforth University Center (DUC) management as a Fun Room monitor.
- Hourly Wage
- Meal Points and Bear Bucks
- Housing on campus in South Forty House
- Spring work schedule: Training 6 – 8 hours a week during business hours, Monday – Friday, beginning in March is required. We will work with your academic schedule.
- Mandatory training Mandatory training Saturday, May 14, -Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
- Due to the busy schedule of our office, all vacation requests must be pre-approved two weeks in advance by the SPCS Manager and Operations Lead. CAs will be allowed to take one week vacation on a first request basis.
There will be dates during the summer where vacation time will not be approved including:
May 14 -18th, May 25-May 29, June 15-30, July 6-17, July 20-31, and August 5, 10, & 12.
Application Deadline: April 10th at 11:59pm.