- Staff the Summer Programs and Conference Services (SPCS) office in Umrath House and serve as a resource for the conference guests and summer residents.
- Use SMS to program key cards.
- Use StarRez to check guests in, log guests information and daily shift activities.
- Conduct check-in remote locations on campus, such as building lobbies and lounges and in the
Summer Programs and Conference Services office.
- Work with guests to handle lock-outs and lost keys on a 24/7 basis.
- Assist with room set-ups which include moving and lifting furniture, operating audio visual equipment, carrying boxes, etc.
- Inspect buildings, suites, and sleeping rooms pre and post conference.
- Assist guests by reporting concerns to facilities and housekeeping.
- Responsible for linen prep and distribution which includes movement of heavy bags of linens.
- CAs will rotate on call overnight shifts on the South 40, North Side and the Lofts when the office is closed.
Cell phones provided by SPCS will be carried during on call shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conference Assistants (CAs) will be assigned to work shifts throughout the following office hours:
Mon – Fri, 9:00am – midnight and Sat – Sun, noon to midnight. On-call shifts will be scheduled between office hours. Hours may increase due to volume of business.
- Summer work schedule: May 15 – August 21, 2021.
- Time commitment: 20 – 30 hours/week, including weekends and holidays. Please note the office will be open Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July. Not all time off requests will be granted during those times.
- NO additional employment, internship, or research position is permitted.
- A maximum of one course may be taken per Summer School sessions. Summer School course may NOT include a lab.
Hourly Wage Meal Points and Bear Bucks Housing on campus in South Forty House
- Mandatory training Saturday, May 15, Sunday, May 16, Monday, May 17 and Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
Due to the busy schedule of our office, all vacation requests must be pre-approved two weeks in advance by the ACUHO-I Intern and Lead Conference Assistant. CAs will be allowed to take one week vacation on a first request basis. Only one shift change request per week will be allowed. There will be dates during the summer where vacation time will not be approved including: May 18- June 7, June 16 – June 19, and August 6, 11, & 13.
- Knowledge of the Danforth Campus, including residential, classroom, and common spaces.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team with an outgoing and friendly demeanor.
- Strong ability to solve problems, think independently and lead others.
- Must be a licensed driver with a clean driving record provided from Motor Vehicle bureau of licensing state.
- Must live in provided on-campus housing.
- Available to work nights and weekends with a changing, flexible schedule.
- Position requires lifting, moving furniture, boxes, signage and other physical tasks.
- Applicant must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk across campus several times a day, and be
able to withstand heat and humidity.
- Must provide current resume.
- Compliance with Covid-19 safety guidelines provided by Habif Health & Wellness Center and St. Louis County Health Department.